Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sea Lions



An Ode to Sea Lions
Of all the sea creatures I have encountered on the pacific coast
I love you the most
you are the puppies of the sea
full of energy and curiosity
my favorite is when you swim around me
as if my snorkel was your priority
you dash, twirl and jump around in the water with such grace
when I watch you I know you have adapted perfectly for this place
the way you zoom around in the water is an art
but not only do you know how to dance, you are also smart
because of this you are easy to train
however you are anything but plain
you rotate your shoulder blades to walk around on land
instead of wiggling around helplessly on the sand
one of the few animals that can easily be
both on land and in the sea
I know it is you  because I can spot your ear flaps
As stand here envying  your countless sunny beach naps
I will never tire of watching you play
and I look forward to swimming with you another day





 Yeah Fin-Five! 
 so if you bark in your snorkel sometimes the sea lions respond, like this guy










No comments:

Post a Comment